Make your reader see, smell, hear and feel with these inspirational descriptive essay topics! We’ve collected 50 descriptive essay topics to sprout some flowery language. Our essay topics are designed to spark creative thinking and can be modified for students in elementary, middle and high school. They are grouped by topic for easy student and teacher reference. Feel free to print the entire list for plenty of inspiration for your next descriptive essay assignment!
Place Essay Topics
- Describe your favorite place.
- Describe your ideal bedroom.
- Describe the house in which you grew up.
- Describe what the first house on the moon would look like.
- Describe some of your favorite places in your hometown.
- Describe a peaceful place that you’ve visited.
- Describe a place that exists only in your imagination.
- Describe a friend’s or family member’s house where you enjoy spending time.
- Describe your perfect fantasy vacation destination.
- Describe your favorite store.
- Describe your favorite teacher’s classroom.
- Describe a museum that you’ve visited recently.
- Describe a place you have dreamed about that doesn’t exist in real life.
- Describe a place where your pet likes spending time.
- Describe an outdoor place that you know well.
People Essay Topics
- Describe your favorite person.
- Describe each of your family members.
- Describe a famous person that you would like to meet.
- Describe one of your friends.
- Describe one aspect of someone that you like (for example: laugh, style of dress, words that the person likes to use, etc.)
- Describe yourself to someone who has never met you.
- Describe the average human to an alien who has never before seen a person.
- Describe your pet.
- Look at some old family photos and describe an older family member as he or she was when at your age.
- Describe someone whom you miss.
Object Essay Topics
- Describe an object that is special to you.
- Give a tour of one room in your house by describing the most important objects in that room.
- Describe one of your favorite outfits.
- Describe your favorite toy as a child.
- Describe how you get around (for example: a bicycle, skateboard, sneakers, your parents’ car, the school bus).
- Describe your favorite piece of furniture where you like to spend time and relax.
- Describe something that you would bury in a time capsule to tell people about what life is like today.
- Describe an object that has been in your family for a long time.
- Choose a piece of food to eat; then, write a description of it that includes the way it looks, smells and tastes.
- Describe a smartphone to a time traveler from the 1900s.
Memories Essay Topics
- Describe your oldest memory.
- Describe your best summer vacation.
- Describe a memorable concert you attended.
- Describe a memorable trip you took.
- Describe a special time that you and your family had together.
- Describe the first time you met one of your friends.
- Describe a time you met someone famous.
- Describe one of your happiest memories.
- Describe one of your saddest memories.
- Describe a time that you felt scared.
- Describe a time that you felt excited.
- Describe a time that something totally unexpected happened.
- Describe a memory of someone whom you miss.
- Describe one of your most memorable first days of school.
- Describe one of your most embarrassing moments.
Looking for more essay topics?
Compare and Contrast Essay Topics
Cause and Effect Essay Topics
Narrative Essay Topics
Persuasive Essay and Speech Topics
Need to write a descriptive essay about my mother? You have come to the right place
A descriptive essay is a special type of essay that describes a person, place, emotion, object, place or situation. In this essay example, the focus shall be on my mother i.e. the kind of person she is, her attributes, personality and what makes her world go round.
My mother is perhaps my number one favorite person in the entire universe. There are plenty of reasons for this including her unconditional love for me and my siblings, her constant sacrifices in a bid to ensure our happiness, her inner strength that makes the world a better place to live, her immense wisdom buried deep within her soul just to mention a few. She is simply a precious gift to me.
Mother has a kind and caring heart, very rare in the world we live in. She gave birth to four children but went ahead to shelter three other needy children who ended up being our siblings. She shared her heart, warmth and love amongst all of us without favoritism whatsoever. How she managed to do this is still a mystery to my siblings and I.
Cooking great food is among the list of things mum loves to do. Growing up, I was always excited about meal times because they were real treats. I owe my cooking prowess to my mother who was also relentless in teaching us to be great cooks. Her recipes were often original and well thought of. Up to date, I look for some of her delicacies in restaurants and other dining joints but I have been unsuccessful in locating some. Perhaps I should encourage her to author her own recipe book.
When it comes to physical appearance, my mother has striking features able to turn heads even in her advanced age. Her long brunette hair always left her friends red with envy during her youthful days. She has a slim physique not because she was born that way but because she chooses to be healthy. She is a great source of inspiration on this issue as she still exercises by taking on household chores all day long while watching what she and father put on their plates.
Whenever any of us fell ill at home, mother would move heavens and earth to ensure we received good treatment and care during the entire period. Her compassion for the sick is commendable; she would come up with home remedies for the sickness and spend time making sure we were comfortable all through.
Lastly, my mother loves lending a hand to the less fortunate whenever there is an opportunity to do so. She is a member and contributor in more than five charity bodies that help many people ranging from the sick, the poor, the gender biased communities, those oppressed by culture among others. She is often a volunteer at local charity events and you can tell she enjoys lending a hand always.
A few tips on writing a descriptive essay about my mother
The first thing to remember when writing a descriptive essay about my mother is to highlight special attributes that makes mother special and unique. One could start from the point of why mother holds a special place in his or her heart. Focus on the following key points;
- What mother means to you
- Her unique characteristics that make her stand out from a crowd
- What makes mother inspire special feelings and thoughts in your mind
- What mother enjoys doing to add value to her family and the world at large
- How mother is skilled in taking care of others
Are you looking for the best descriptive essay about mother online? We are your best shot. Not only do we have more than five years’ experience in the industry but we offer just the best solution for you. All our writers are well vetted and educated in many areas and offer non-plagiarized content always. If you are not satisfied with our job, we have a money-back guarantee meaning you have absolutely nothing to lose. Contact our 24-hour customer care today and wait as we deliver the best descriptive essay for you.
Ask a question